Schaumburg Saxon Wrestling
View Schedules/Results and Rosters on the links on the left
Thank you for visiting our homepage at Schaumburg High School. We hope our website is user-friendly and easy to navigate. Our wrestlers work daily to condition, practice, and hone their skills in order to be competitors in the conference, regional, sectional and state competitions.
Why Should I/my son or daughter wrestle?
Wrestling teaches lessons that can be translated into other aspects of life once a wrestler’s career is over.
Self Confidence, Discipline, Mental Toughness, Sportsmanship, Competitiveness, Physical Fitness,
Why should football players wrestle?
Wrestling and Football go hand and hand here are the skills that correlate with wrestling and football.
1. Agility–The ability of one to change the position of his body efficiently and easily.
2. Quickness–The ability to make a series of movements in a very short period of time.
3. Balance–The maintenance of body equilibrium through muscular control.
4. Flexibility–The ability to make a wide range of muscular movements.
5. Coordination–The ability to put together a combination of movements in a flowing rhythm.
6. Endurance–The development of muscular and cardiovascular-respiratory stamina.
7. Muscular Power (explosiveness)–The ability to use strength and speed simultaneously.
8. Aggressiveness–The willingness to keep on trying or pushing your adversary at all times.
9. Discipline–The desire to make the sacrifices necessary to become a better athlete and person.
10. A Winning Attitude–The inner knowledge that you will do your best – win or lose.
Still not convinced?
"I love wrestlers; they are tough and make great Football players.” –Mike Stoops National Championship Football Coach at Oklahoma University
"Wrestlers make coaching football easy, they have balance coordination, and as a staff we know they are tough" - Tom Osborne College Hall of Fame Coach for the University of Nebraska